Wayne Williams is a long-time resident of Perth Ontario who, after a long career in education, traded his high school principal’s office for an art studio.
Wayne incorporates colourful places and people from his travel experiences into his art. He tries to “capture the moment”. His paintings are unique, mixed media creations usually on canvas, using acrylic and sometimes collage.
Even if the painted scene took place in Europe, the Caribbean, Canada or Asia, the subject matter is universal, with people enjoying their activities and each other. In 2013 Wayne was commissioned to create a painting for the Canada Summer Games. That painting now hangs in the city hall in Sherbrooke, Quebec.
Wayne’s paintings are in private collections in Canada, the United States, Mexico and Russia. He is a director of the Grist Mill Gallery and a past president of the Rideau Lakes Artists’ Association.
- Bachelor of Arts (Carleton University)
- Bachelor of Education (University of Toronto)
- Masters of Education (University of Ottawa)
- Carmichael Systems, Montreal
- Elliot Street Medical Clinic, Perth (Dr. D. Tyrrell)
- Orser Family Dentistry, Perth
- Russian Ambassador to Canada, Ottawa & Moscow
- Grist Mill Gallery Artists' Co-op
- Rideau Lakes Artists' Association
- Ottawa Mixed Media Artists
- Perth Autumn Studio Tour, Oct. 2012-2015 (juried)
- Inroads Studio Tour, Arden, Sept. 2012 (juried)
- Solo Show: Francesco's Gallery, Jan. 2012 (juried)
- "Figureworks", Orange Gallery, Oct. 2011 (juried)
- "Everyday Patterns", OMMA, Sept. 2011 (juried)
- Art in the Barn, July 2011-2015
- "Alphabet Soup", OMMA, March 2011 (juried)
- "Silver Linings", OMMA, April 2010 (juried)
- "The Same but Different", OMMA, Feb. 2010 (juried)
- Ottawa Art Expo, Oct.2009, 2010, 2011 (juried)
- "A Sense of Colour", Gallery Perth, Oct.-Dec. 2009 (juried)
- Rideau Lakes Artists' Association, July & August shows, 2007-2010
- Rideau Valley Arts Festival, August 2008-2012 (juried)